When she walked in through the front door, the barrage of relentless questions had already started.
“You’re - ”
“Okay, don’t get too upset. I have some good news, and some bad news. Which do you want to hear first?”
“The - ”
“The bad news is, I’ve been suspended from school because of something or other. They don’t want me coming back. Apparently, I’m a bad influence or something.”
“Why - ”
“The good news is, I’ve got a note from my doctor, giving me some time off. Now, they said they couldn’t make accommodations for my current condition, but I’m sure that if we raise a stink, they’ll change their mind.”
“Not - ”
“Well, alright, there’s more good news. You’re going to be grandparents way ahead of schedule.”
“We - ”
“You certainly fooled me! I never would’ve guessed! I’m sure you don’t want to be thought of as being too old too soon.”
“Too - ”
“Well, that’s hardly my fault, is it? It’s not like society forces you do these things. Once we take care of the little parasite living inside me, they’ll have no choice, but to reintegrate me back in their elitist program.”
“Didn’t - ”
“Of Course I did!! They had tons of lessons on genitalia and their functions, but practically nothing on Tentacle Rape, which sounded real hot, so I decided to see what all the fuss was about. Obviously, I should’ve brought protection, but I thought those places were cleaner. But it’s no big deal. We can abort it, right?”
“That’s - ”
“Are you kidding me?!”
“Well - ”
“Maybe if they were more interesting and didn’t gloss over the sensual aspects, I wouldn’t be in this situation in the first place!!
“Don’t - ”
“I don’t need to hear another lecture. I’ve had enough for today.” And she stormed off to sulk in her room.
Now, the previous conversation could’ve been easily better understood if I had the Girl repeat back what her parents were about to say, filling in the gaps, but that wouldn’t be authentic. However, for the sake of clarity, I’ve provided a handy-dandy Legend below, which should reveal just what made the Girl so upset.
Didn’t - Didn’t you learn anything from your Sex Education classes??
Don’t - Don’t talk back to us, young lady. Consider yourself lucky... (extended lecture condensed and removed for the sake of sanity preservation. You’re welcome)
Not - Not if that’s the only reason they gave for suspending you. Are you sure there wasn’t another more specific reason?
That’s - That’s not a good idea. Aborting a ONE - let alone a CrossBreed child - would be considered an act of genocide. If one is damaged, either willingly or unwillingly, then the consensus is that anybody responsible means everyone becomes guilty by association. If one is hurt, then thousands will be hurt in turn. If one is killed... well, I don’t need to finish that equation.
The - The good news.
Too - Too late for that. Every minute we spend around you is equivalent to getting a new grey hair. We’ve gone through dozens of bottles of hair dye in the last month alone.
We - We already know. Your getting up earlier than usual, your binging before eating, and your sudden body odor were all hard to miss. We thought it was drugs at first. This is hardly any less relieving. We were just waiting to confront you when the time came, but kept up a calm front until the time came.
Well - Well, if you’d paid more attention during your Sex Ed. Classes, we wouldn’t be having this discussion in the first place.
Why - Why would you give us the bad news, when we inexplicably asked for the good news?
You’re - You’re home earlier than usual. Did something happen?
No comments:
Post a Comment