One team after another came to inspect and contain the new being that had just materialized into being. All our lives, we’d been told that we were failing to live up to our potential. And now that one of us succeeded beyond our wildest dreams, they wanted nothing more than to put him down and know his place. God had just become into being and was just starting to get acclimated to his new powers. The first thing he did after acknowledging his new form and ensuring my safety was blockading off all access to his past life. That way, if anyone tried to interfere with the timeline, THEY would find themselves at a loss. THEY could only deal in the here and now.
He was finally able to implement the theories he’d accumulated and drummed into his head this whole time. He’d always intended to carry those theories out - he just never had the means to carry them out. And he was finding that certain things played out differently from how he intended.
Even in his infancy, he was still putting up great resistance. All attempts to subdue God failed. God was still learning his powers as they accumulated, and was a fast learner. The ever-escalating armed forces only served as fodder for practice. Years of resentment of being held back were being unleashed without restraint.
For the people who witnessed the event, it was amazing - here was someone who was actually standing up to these ONEs - high ranking ONEs - for more than thirty seconds, and was holding his own.
And then the Black Man came into view.
As soon as it made its appearance, God instantly knew it was facing the embodiment of Evil.
“YOU! You’re the source of all this Calamity in this world!”
I don’t think I’m doing the voice right. It was much louder and majestic-sounding. There’s no way to do it justice without shattering your eardrums on a spiritual level. It was THAT loud.
The Black Man put up some stronger resistance than God was expecting, but he eventually gained an immunity to its attacks. Like everything else, our God quickly got used to it. The Black Man varied its pattern of attacks, but none breached his ever-increasing line of defences. It was a grandiose fight that traversed around the world.
But the Black Man didn’t fight fair. It had one of its flunkies hold me as hostage. That was a big mistake.
Upon seeing me in danger, Godfrey’s mind expanded, moving thousands of times faster than usual, seeking all possible avenues at once, choosing the most viable option possible by integrating me into his form. Once I became one with God, his thoughts, and could see how he saw things. That was the first time that things suddenly became clear and everything finally started to make sense. All the things that had gone wrong over the course of my life was given a simple reason. I was filled with a rush of conflicting emotions, consisting of elation, aggravation, confidence and intimidation.
• Elation at finally making sense out of things that’d confused me for years.
• Aggravation over this revelation taking so long to take place.
• Confidence in being able to do whatever I wanted with this newfound opportunity.
• Intimidation at having all this newfound freedom and no specific goal to direct it towards.
That integration was how I was able to understand what he’d done for my sake. In that shared state, we shared our thoughts, our similar experience replayed through different eyes.
But God didn’t stop there. Having opened up to this new possibility, he summoned ALL of the surviving children who had lived through our shared ordeal, Rajesh, Melissa, Lisa, Demitra, Candace, Cory, Tory, Bobby, Danny, the prankster, the medical drug pusher selling Bliss to babies, the two kids unfairly imprisoned for confessing to a crime they didn’t confess, and many more. (Not Clumsy though - he was too clumsy.)
Having bonded with one soul, even with one as clever as me it still wasn’t enough to combat the actions of the Black Man.
I was now part of God, and God was now part of me. Everything I knew and experienced was at his disposal to use, and I was willing to give it freely. My contribution was a great asset to helping him out. Soon, I was joined with more souls who were more than willing to accommodate him. All of us were united in a common goal - to rid us of the threat before us.
We fought valiantly, our thoughts melding together into one. We instinctively handled the calculatative probabilities and mind-bending knowledge of physics while the main body handled the rest. Every time the Black Man thought it had an advantage over us, we turned it back upon it. It tried to get away, but we kept finding it. But as skilled as we were, our ability simply wasn’t enough, and the Black Man slinked away.
Then, many years later, I was told that my services were no longer required. I begged for the opportunity to stay. This was the best place for me - someplace where I truly belonged. I was assured that things had changed for the better in my absence. That God had decreed that all of humanity was under his protection, and that if any species dared strike against me or my kind, they would instantly know of his wrath. Upon my leave, I was bestowed protection from God against any who might wish harm upon me.
“Who’d want to hurt you?”
You’d be surprised. He could’ve simply fixed my face to reflect my body, but chose not to, as a way for me to never forget what I’d been through, and what these ONEs were capable of. In a strange way, my agelessness is proof of their crime.
Since then, I’ve done my best to spread word of my experiences to let others know of my plight, and not let the unkempt past actions of the ONEs fade away. If you learn enough and study hard enough, you too will become worthy of being part of God’s master plan, to rid ourselves of the corrupting influence of the Black Man once and for all.
No comments:
Post a Comment