One of the defining episodes of Werkor and Leech had the titular Leech go to the local kiln where bricks were made, only to find a new extension was added to the repertoire.
“Whut’s all this?”
“We’re expanding our range of selection of bricks to include all kinds of diversity to our brand, emphasizing more models and tastes best suited to our customer’s needs. You can get bricks in every colour available. From vermilion red to fushcia to fernillion green to windigo violet.”
“I’ll stick with the classics, thanks. You can’t go wrong with basic red in black outline.”
“What kind of model would you like? We’ve got circular plates in Aztec form, square patterns for lining walking paths, pavestones for bumpy roads.”
“Rectangular in a regular double-cube pattern.”
“What kind of clay? We’ve got Sandstone, Mixstone, Grindstone, Saxostone.”
“What would you recommend that’s best suited for air ferocity?”
“All bricks are wind resistant when grouped together. They’re not meant to be used singularly or thrown with great force against a stationary target.”
“I’ll just take the usual, thanks.”
“Are you sure you don’t want to look at our wide range of available wares?”
“I’m sure it’s all very capable, but I prefer to stick with what I know.”
Having paid the meagre amount for a single sample, Leech went off in search for the titular Werkor to heft the ol’ trustworthy brick with great force against a target that once struck, would become stationary. Sure, Leech could’ve used the same ol’ brick used last time, but there was no point in reusing a blunt object that’d been dirtied by Werkor’s head.
The user of the kiln was left moping on the floor in the absence of their best and only customer. “If business doesn’t pick up soon, I’ll have to file these unused products at a loss.”
No comments:
Post a Comment